Monday, May 24, 2010

MGIB rates in regards to U.S. military veterans?

Here goes.





I was active duty Air Force from 2002-2006. I was wondering, while the MGIB rates and such fluctuate, am I entitled only to the rate I guess I must've separated with (the October 2005 rate) or does the most current rate apply to any veteran, regardless of what month/year they separated?





Also, since I've separated, I should be looking at the "Basic Institutional Rates for persons with remaining entitlement under Chapter 34 of Title 38, U.S.C. Chapter 30 Category II rates effective 10-01-2005" on the https://www.gibill.va.gov site, right? I'm not so sure myself!





Lastly, could anyone tell me what rate I should be looking at if I were planning on enrolling into an online college sort of thing? Both for an actual degree and for just regular courses?





Thanks in advance for the help!

MGIB rates in regards to U.S. military veterans?
You get the payment rate that is posted on the VA site you have. Your entitled to the current rate, it's not based on when you separated.


Full time


$1,101.00





3/4 time


$825.75





1/2 time


$550.50





less than 1/2 time more than 1/4 time


$550.50**





1/4 time or less


$275.25 **





Oh and if you are 30% + disabled you are also entitled to Vocational Rehab. The program pay full tuition and cost and they also give you a monthly living allowance depending on your student status (full-time or 1/4 time). You should really speak to your Veterans Representative at the school you are planning on attending. They'll give you all the information you need. If they are of no help than contact a Vet Center or the VA.
Reply:Ya only fly your kite in a open field were theres no electricity poles...lol./:)


No comments:

Post a Comment