Thursday, July 30, 2009

B/C pills???????

ok


i've already been taking the pill for 2 years but i never really understood it properly


i've just came off it


i understand there is 2 hormones E %26amp; P


i want to go on the mini-pill


but my question is: what do each of these hormones do?


i read that the mini-pill does not actually stop you ovulating


is this true?


and also have you been on the mini-pill before?


was it effective for you? thanks in advance xx

B/C pills???????
E = estrogen, P = progesterone





The E %26amp; P combo stop you from ovulating. The mini pill is just P. It does not stop you from ovulating, but it does significantly decrease your uterine lining, making it difficult for an egg to implant.





Yes, I was on the minipill for about 3 months. My story probably won't apply to you though. I was one of the rare (I mean RARE) few who had an adverse reaction to the progesterone and bled like I had my period for 3 months. I became severely anemic, and had to stop the pill. This isn't how most women's bodies react though. Usually, they have lighter, shorter periods (due to decrease in uterine lining), and some even stop having periods. Can't really say how effective it was because I was only on it for 3 months.





However, here is something to consider. The normal E %26amp; P pill has a 12 hour window (6 hours before or after) of when you can take it and still be considered "perfect use." Because it stops ovulation, the hormones have a greater effect. So, when I was on that, I didn't worry if I normally took my pill at 10 at night, or got home late and took it at 3 a.m. that pill worked great for me for 5 years. the mini pill though, only has a 3 hour window (1 and 1/2 hour before or after normal time) that you can take it and still be considered "perfect use." I had my cell phone set to ring at 10:00 p.m. every night for me to take it, and had to carry those pills with me every where. It was a pain. And, with the mini pill, the more you miss taking it on time, the thicker your uterine lining grow, making it easier for an egg to implant... see where I'm going? There is MUCH more user error with the mini pill that the regular pill.





My advice: If you don't have to go off the normal pill because of medical reasons, I would stay on it. I have a friend who could only use the mini pill and she did end up pregnant because she could never remember to take it on time. If you must switch though, be CAREFUL with it. Do NOT forget to take it on time! Good luck.

song titles

No comments:

Post a Comment