Thursday, July 30, 2009

For Aaron C, the laser tech: My red, spidery veins.?

Should I see a dermatologist for this condition? How effective is laser treatment? What's the average cost?

For Aaron C, the laser tech: My red, spidery veins.?
Wow, I'm glad I saw your question. I wish Yahoo Answers had a way to contact people.





Yes, you should see your dermatologist. Although he or she might not have access to a laser. You should call around and ask for a dermatologist with a laser.





There are many different types of lasers that treat this and some are more effective than others. I don't recommend a treatment called IPL. It won't hurt you, but it's just not as effective, but if that's all they have, its better than nothing. The laser we use is called VersaPulse Cosmetic. The exact laser is called VPW 532. This stands for Variable Pulse Width, 532 nanometers. It is extremely effective. You will walk out of the office the day of the treatment with very noticeable results. For extreme cases, you may need to return for another treatment, but that's unusual.





Cost varies across the nation, so I can't quote you a price. You'll have to ask when you call around.





Hope this helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment