Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is the use of a virus vault in AVG? Is it effective?

My AVG free edition detects a trojan named WLCtrl32.dll. It healed it but it still always come back. I deleted it manually in safe mode but it is still there but when I open its path, c:\windows\system32, AVG detects the virus AGAIN and instead to heal it, I choose the "move to vault" button. After I restart my computer, the f***** is still there but when I check the vault, the name of the virus is there. It's confusing me. Did the "WLCtrl32.dll" thing still infects my computer?

What is the use of a virus vault in AVG? Is it effective?
sounds like your computer caught a nasty virus, i don't think AVG will be able to fully get rid of it.......but to answer your question, the virus vault on AVG is suppose to quarentine the virus untill you decide to take action on it, which is usually deleting it.

curse of the golden flower

No comments:

Post a Comment